Saturday 23 November 2013

Review: Boots Nappy Rash Spray



We've always been quite lucky when it comes to the Mini Grumpy Egyptian's bottom in that nappy rash had never really affected her. And then she began teething. So it was perfect timing when Boots sent me through their Nappy Rash Spray to try out.

Basically it does what it says on the tin and is a spray treatment rather than a cream-based one. The idea is that you don't have to rub it in, just spray and pop a new nappy on. However I had a problem with the nozzle as each time I sprayed it shot out in a stream rather than the mist that I thought would have been more appropriate. I did leave a small review on the Boots site and having read what others wrote, wonder whether or not I had a dodgy nozzle. 




It does say on the bottle that you don't need to rub the spray in as the movement of the nappy will ensure even coverage, but I didn't find that to be the case. The areas that the spray did cover seemed ok, but the parts that weren't sprayed were easily identified and a bit sore. The Mini Grumpy Egyptian didn't however seem to mind it being applied and I assume that is down to the cooling effect the spray claims to offer.

I found this to be an interesting product on paper, but not one that really worked so well in reality. I may be tempted to try it again, but will be sticking with our usual barrier cream for now. What do you use to keep the dreaded nappy rash at bay?




Disclaimer. I was send this product free of charge to review, but all opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment