Tuesday 24 December 2013

First Christmas: Baby Gifts


Let's start this post with a little confession. I initially planned to keep things low key, cheap and cheerful for the Mini Grumpy Egyptian because at 7 months old she doesn't really know what's going on. I decided on a couple of books, teething toys and some new clothes. Well that was until I started hitting the shops!

Now all wrapped up and ready for Santa to pop under the tree is a ball pit, numerous books, clothes, 3+ teething toys, The Hungry Caterpillar money box, some baby cookies for her stocking and a couple of wooden/rocking toys. And that's just what I can remember off the top of my head! I know the family will be spoiling her rotten too, but I just couldn't resist!

I'm hoping a stairgate will appear from family members and I've tried to choose things that are functional rather than frivolous, but it is so hard given all the amazing stuff available. Though in my defence the ball pit was £4 in Tesco and the Mamas & Papas rocking cow was just £6 at a merely new sale and looks brand new!

What did you get for your little one's first Christmas? What will they be finding under the tree this year? Any cheesy outfits making their way onto your children? The Mini Grumpy Egyptian has been rocking the Christmas Tree tights shown above plus a sparkly tutu, Christmas pudding jumper and full-on Christmas dress for a couple of weeks now!

X

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Every year I say that presents willbe cheap and practical and then do exactly what you did!!!

    ReplyDelete